Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Anytime I hear someone say they don't like bats, I ask them if they like mosquitoes. Invariably they say "no" and I inform them that a single bat will eat around 1000 mosquitoes in a night. Usually people like bats after that tidbit. My little girl and I watch them every night in the summer out here. The mosquitoes seem to hover over our pool and the bats swoop right down and grab them by the dozens. If you sit still the bats will swoop within a few feet of you.

Thank you for posting this Mado.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I love bats, for the simple reason that Tom stated above. I live in a very wooded, rural area with a swamp across the road from my property. On a warm summer night if not for all the bats around my house the mosquitoes would carry us away! I love to sit out on the deck at night and watch the bats buzzing around like fighter planes picking off bugs! More bats please!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I may not paticulary like bats per se, but I do love what they do at night eating all of those bugs.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I signed it too. Thanks for that Mado. Where I live we come out at night just to sit and wait for them to put on their little show. I always wondered where they "hand out" during the day.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Bats are pretty cool :) And I love that they eat mosquitoes!

Last year after my Grandma passed away we were staying at her home in Michigan- no one had lived there for months. Well a bat flew out of the basement and onto the main floor and I screamed bloody murder...that's the only time I haven't liked bats, because it scared me to death! It ended up flying into my sister's shoe and refusing to come out ;)

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Glad you all resonated with me on this issue. You guys are so lucky to have bats in your lives. Sounds so cool to sit out on a summer night to see them fly and not have to worry about mosquitoes. They do have cute faces, too.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Isa said:
I love bats but I could not sign it, they do not accept my Canadian postal code :(

Oh--that's too bad. I'm sorry. I'll write to the administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.