Temperature worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingu

5 Year Member
Hey guys, I got a Hermann's yesterday, (My first tortoise). He belonged to someone else before and therefore got all the kit together. As we moved his house from one room to another last night the heat bulb blew. (Not shattered or anything dangerous like that though) I need to go to work and haven't time to go to buy another but will definitely buy two so I always have a spare! Will he be OK at 20 degrees for the day, apparently he normally lives with 25...
Many thanks

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
He should be fine for a few days. Always a good idea to have a spare!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
pingu said:
Hey guys, I got a Hermann's yesterday, (My first tortoise). He belonged to someone else before and therefore got all the kit together. As we moved his house from one room to another last night the heat bulb blew. (Not shattered or anything dangerous like that though) I need to go to work and haven't time to go to buy another but will definitely buy two so I always have a spare! Will he be OK at 20 degrees for the day, apparently he normally lives with 25...
Many thanks
Don't panic... he'll be fine. Maybe a little sluggish, but he'll soon warm up and be stomping around again :) If he is reluctant for the next few days, it will simply be because he's in new surroundings. the table may be the same, but the room and the keeper are different.

He'll just think of it as a bad weather day. The weather isn't always perfect for them in the wild... the are subject to temperature variations, so they cope perfectly if this kind of thing happens.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You can always use a regular 100 watt incandescent bulb for warmth temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.