Thank you Josh

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR
Hello and welcome! That's a cute lil' guy you have. You've come to the right place for answers! Ask away...

shari_antonucci

Tomball Texas
Thank you all for the welcome. He is a three toe Box Turtle, I love him dearly I've had him about six months now and he is been an awesome turtle. First question as you all know it's the end of October and Box Turtles do love to brumating/hibernating which ever it's called. Well about a week ago he stopped eating I tried all his favorite foods …. Super worms, meal worms even a little dog food.Blueberries, strawberries, bananas Romain lettuce, earthworms, snails.Apples, you get the picture.I've been a nervous wreck, then I thought about it and fall is upon us even though our temperatures here are very hot yet the evening temperatures are down to 60°. And our highs up to 80° so I tried to convince him not to hibernate. By warming up his enclosure and keeping his light on 14 hours a day he still insists on doing it. Because I do not have any past history on him, I will do what he wants so I am building him a place to hide out. And I'm looking for some advice to make sure he is safe. I purchased an electric fence to put around his outside enclosure. And I had my husband cut up an old tree…. With a awesome hole in the center….. Due to the fact that we get so much rain I'm concerned about him drowning, I have never let him stay outside all night. I think I was supposed to start a new thread. Sorry guys I'm just learning

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Thank you all for the welcome. He is a three toe Box Turtle, I love him dearly I've had him about six months now and he is been an awesome turtle. First question as you all know it's the end of October and Box Turtles do love to brumating/hibernating which ever it's called. Well about a week ago he stopped eating I tried all his favorite foods …. Super worms, meal worms even a little dog food.Blueberries, strawberries, bananas Romain lettuce, earthworms, snails.Apples, you get the picture.I've been a nervous wreck, then I thought about it and fall is upon us even though our temperatures here are very hot yet the evening temperatures are down to 60°. And our highs up to 80° so I tried to convince him not to hibernate. By warming up his enclosure and keeping his light on 14 hours a day he still insists on doing it. Because I do not have any past history on him, I will do what he wants so I am building him a place to hide out. And I'm looking for some advice to make sure he is safe. I purchased an electric fence to put around his outside enclosure. And I had my husband cut up an old tree…. With a awesome hole in the center….. Due to the fact that we get so much rain I'm concerned about him drowning, I have never let him stay outside all night. I think I was supposed to start a new thread. Sorry guys I'm just learning
Nothing to be sorry about. You are absolutely in the right place to learn and ask questions. You will get more feedback from other box turtle keepers if you start a new thread in the American Box Turtles section of the forum. You can copy the text from your posts here and paste it into the new thread, along with the pictures.

shari_antonucci

Tomball Texas
Nothing to be sorry about. You are absolutely in the right place to learn and ask questions. You will get more feedback from other box turtle keepers if you start a new thread in the American Box Turtles section of the forum. You can copy the text from your posts here and paste it into the new thread, along with the pictures.
Thank you I will do that.