Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie3

5 Year Member
Hello!

I inherited three turtles and will be a new turtle owner in about a week. I am hoping this site will help me give these turtles the best care I can. I live in Pennsylvania and the turtles will be arriving from New Mexico via car travel.

Don't know if I need to post a separate thread for questions, so I will do both. I am in the process of building and indoor and outdoor pens. I have been reading online to use cedar for the outside pen and not treated lumber. Then I am hearing not to use cedar at all. I already bought and started construction of the outdoor pen. Please advise as I don't want to harm my turtles.

Thanks and I look forward to using this site.

Newbie3

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
RE: Into

Hello and welcome to the forum. I already answered your question over in the enclosures thread, before I got to this post. What kind of turtles?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Newbie3:

Welcome to the forum!!

I've always used redwood and cedar on my outdoor pens, however, I'm a lumber pack rat, and all of my building supplies are used and have been sitting out in the weather for years.

I wouldn't use new cedar on an indoor habitat, but I think it might be ok to use outside. What kind of turtles are we talking about? Pennsylvania has some pretty strict regulations about turtles.

Anyway...glad you've found us. We're happy to help you with your new acquisitions. I'm sure someone with more lumber experience than I will come in and give you a better scoop about cedar.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada

Welcome to the forum!
I am sure you will find answers to all your questions on this forum :)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA

Welcome to the forum :)

Danny

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*waves* Hi! Waiting to hear a bit more about what your getting, but you must be excited about them coming.

Newbie3

5 Year Member
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I am sure once I get my new buddies I will have more questions. I have done some research online and bought a few turtle books. Looking forward to these special turtles to add to my family of five dog and five cats.

Debbie:)

Status
Not open for further replies.