The Carlson Tortoise Herd :)

ccargirl70

Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
So....trying to get good pictures of everyone. And capture their personality :)

This is Lucky. He's our first tortoise...and while I always call him Grump...he's so very sweet and friendly. He has a hole in his shell where his previous owner had drilled and chained him into their yard. :(

Attachments

• lucky.jpg
    lucky.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 40

ccargirl70

San Diego
Leoperdo is our first Leopard Tortoise. Again adopted from the Desert Tortoise Society. He was a relinquished pet, with not much history known. He's a firecracker though. Lightening fast and he LOVES to sneak into the house when the door is open. :)

Attachments

• Leoperdo.jpg
    Leoperdo.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 33

ccargirl70

San Diego
This sweet little lady is Lil'. She came to us with some extreme shell damage. It was/is unknown if it was animal or person who did the damage, although it pains me to say much of the damage is too "precise" to believe an animal did it. Despite her injuries, she is the SWEETEST and the most loving little tortoise ever. She will come out when you call her name and she absolutely loves to get her head pet. Oh - she's a Redfoot.

Attachments

• Lil.jpg
    Lil.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 34

ccargirl70

San Diego
They were being calm tonight so I was able to get the rest. This is Desiree. She came to the Society with a bladder stone. We are fostering her until she has her surgery within the next couple weeks and will then have the option of adopting her once she's healed under our care. I can pretty much guarantee she has a permanent home with us :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 23

ccargirl70

San Diego
Red is our newest addition...a shy but handsome Red-foot. He's warming up to his new home and he especially likes to hangout by the Monarchs who land on his back frequently (haven't been able to capture that picture yet)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17

ccargirl70

San Diego
Thanks :) We love them dearly. Always on the lookout for a new addition to the group...I'd like another Leopard next I think. But we will see what the fates bring us.

Reactions: Rue

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
I'm glad to see that these adorable torts are getting the love and care they so greatly need. :) Well done! You have some real beauties there!! :<3::<3:

twoodsy2003

5 Year Member
Howell, Michigan USA
I loved seeing all your little ones. I am a new tort owner and am trying to get as much information I can to give him a qualiity life. I have been working hard learning all I can and have gained so much informative information through this forum. I hope to see more from you and how you manage herd.