The Fair is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amy

So one of my favorite parts of the summer is the fair! I go every year with my friends and we just love it. Not only do we go hog wild with all the great food (corn on the cob, fried everything, funnel cakes, homemade lemonade and giant turkey legs) but we love to see all the agriculture (such as the amazing giant pumpkins and tomatoes) as well as the livestock. I especially love seeing all the newborns in the farm section :)
Does anyone else love the fair as much as I do?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
:D The fair use to be the high point of my summers, but that was when I was active in 4H...and then later my children. I am not into the rides, so my love of fairs has dwindled.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Amy said:
So one of my favorite parts of the summer is the fair! I go every year with my friends and we just love it. Not only do we go hog wild with all the great food (corn on the cob, fried everything, funnel cakes, homemade lemonade and giant turkey legs) but we love to see all the agriculture (such as the amazing giant pumpkins and tomatoes) as well as the livestock. I especially love seeing all the newborns in the farm section :)
Does anyone else love the fair as much as I do?

Amy, glad to hear you are so excited about the fair. I have been to the LA County Fair and the one in Del Mar. But that is it. I too am not into the rides. Or the food. I know everyone goes for the food but when your diet is restricted because of health well. I do like the animals and seeing all the booths. Never seen the Ag. sections. But the walking I am afraid does me in these days. So now I tend to restrict my fairs to the Reptile Expos.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
SOFT TACOS!!!!!!! Yeah!

Yvonne

redkim

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
California
Ohhhhh - I am a fair afficionado too!!! L.A. County Fair and the CA State Fair!! WOO HOOO!!

I go mainly for the food. Fried Coke anyone?? MMMMMMMM!!

Why is it that food on a stick just tastes so good?!?!

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
We just went to our PA county fair this week too! Some of the foods they have here are sausage sandwiches, buffalo burgers, cactus taters (they put a whole potato on the end of a electric screwdriver and spin it over a blade so it is a thick like long potato chip and deep fry it and cover it with cheese sauce..yum!), funnel cake, ice cream, and even deep fried oreos!

I also enjoy the wildlife and animal display. The even have a reptile guy there who has a few turts & torts including a large sulcata!

We ended up buying two cute bunnies and a baby guinea pig at the fair. Always much cheaper than buying them at a pet store. I'll have to post some pictures.

It was a fun time there and a good way to spend a lot of money fast, since everthing is expensive! Oh well, the county fair only comes but once a year!

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Huntington Beach, CA
ahhh....The OC fair! Say Cheese! I go every year and yes, my favorite part is the Centenial Farm and all the baby pigs

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
In the province where I live (I dont know about the rest of Canada) our fair is not as fun as yours :(

There are no animals (well not in the fair of the city I live in), there are rides and games you play to win something. and the food.... cotton candy, pop corn, tacos, slush, sometimes sausages, that's about it.

Does anyone lives in Canada and have super fair with animals, lots of food....

And in the USA, are there fairs like that in the big city?

Status
Not open for further replies.