The Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
I was looking the ladies over today, and the lighting was so nice, I snapped a few pictures.

Anouk
shy...
Korrins4thbdayandpets105.jpg

There's that pretty girl
Korrins4thbdayandpets109.jpg

Novalee
cute as a button
Korrins4thbdayandpets126.jpg

check out that pretty, oh so smooth shell! look at that growth!
Korrins4thbdayandpets133.jpg

I loves me ma pretty girls!

Oh, and in case anybody new takes a peek at these, and has questions, Anouk is a 13.5 month old Jordanian Greek, and Novalee is a 3.5 month old Antakyan/Golden Greek cross.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
I love your Greeks!! Especially pretty ol' Nova. Tue growth starts at the black?? Supa smooth!!! if everything goes as planned, I "plan" on buying her sister! (shhhhh, don't tell anyone;))

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Me and the boys had an ahhhhhh moment. They are so well kept Meg. They are both so beautiful. Did you ever buy the camera from Terry? I was wondering if these pictures were taken with it or not.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Thanks Candy! Tell the boys I said thanks too! I keep them right in the living room where I spend 89% of my time at home. All my torts are loved on daily. :) No--there was an issue with that. This is still the same old cam I've always been using! Lighting was SUPER nice today though.

Abe--If I remember correctly miss Nova was a one egg clutch, but I bet she's got full blooded siblings! She's a doll. Actually, if you look close, you can see all her original "baby" scutes and the space in between them is all new growth! My humid side seems to be doing the trick. Wish I had thought of it with Noush.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Meg, Anouk and Novalee are 2 beautiful ladies! You are doing an amazing job with them :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
All your torts are so beautiful Meg.
OT....
I notice you have a radiator for your heat. That is the best heat you can have and the most healthy. I never had a sinus problem, until we moved and now we have dry air heat. It is so horrible, and unhealthy. Every AM I boil a big pot of water until it's gone. I miss my radiators.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I feel you there! I love the radiators too...I think it feels warmer than just air blowing.

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
Beautiful! How big is Novalee? She looks pretty big and healthy for being only 3.5 months old! Sherman is about the same age (~4 months) and only 2.6"/1.9oz (~66mm/54g)

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
errr....this is from her records:
10/25/09—Novalee measured 2 3/8” SCL and weighed 51 grams at 3 months old. She'll be four months on the 25th.

But she grows like crazy (so did Noushka) so she's prob bigger than that now! She put on around 20g last month, and 2/8 inches.

She's my little butterball. Definitely very robust, and since I keep her in the living room, where I spend more of my time, she's lost all traces of shyness!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Wow what do you feed those torts, Miracle Grow lol? And I thought Trevor was growing fast putting on about 12 grams a month. Beautiful!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Sometimes I wonder! It almost feels like I have one of those "soak in water" pets. Put em in the tub, and the next day, they are three times their size! Haha.

My motto is feed babies when they are hungry, as much as they will eat, and always dust with Ca.

The girl's aren't shy about stomping on their food tiles when they want more! :p

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Beautiful Meg! By the way, where do you come up with your names? They sound like another language..

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Anouk is french, I got the name from the book Chocolat and Novalee is from another novel, Where the Heart Is.

I try to name all of my animals after my favorite characters. :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Meg90 said:
Sometimes I wonder! It almost feels like I have one of those "soak in water" pets. Put em in the tub, and the next day, they are three times their size! Haha.

My motto is feed babies when they are hungry, as much as they will eat, and always dust with Ca.

The girl's aren't shy about stomping on their food tiles when they want more! :p

I want to see video of chubby, adorable toddler Novalee "stomping on her food tiles!" It would only add to her already-significant fame, haha.
Anouk looks quite delicate and shy but has her own beauty borne of good health and happy habitat!;)

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Thanks! I try to have everybody have a unique name.

These are the rest of my animal's names:
Girls
Anouk, Novalee, Tonks, FayeFaye, Sookie, Bebop, Eglantine, Cleo

Boys
Gimli, Spike, Nigel, Santiago, Cowboy, Pollo, Madeye, Trouble, Fiddlesticks, and Wicket

Oh, and I had a new little crested hatch just last night that still needs a name!

Status
Not open for further replies.