The pros and cons of spring.

Thomas tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE spring... but when I'm going swimming and I find a Alligator snapping turtle lurking by my toes its a little scary. And I kinda liked going outside in the winter and not worrying about getting lyme disease from a few freckle size ticks! Now there are ticks everywhere! (Except where my guinea fowl roam...Obviously.) also I HATE fleas! If you never had them then picture this...[[ itching ALL night long. Then itching ALL day long. Then finding bumps on your legs arms Ect... then when you finally think you got rid of them.... you go outside to pet your cat and..... OH I WONDER HOW THE FLEAS GOT IN THE house...AGAIN! ]] But enough about the cons. lets move to the PROS.... Ummm...Lets see.....Baby tortoises....and there are finally leaves on the trees...But the BEST thing about spring is.....(FOR SUSPENSE)..........

.....THE TEMPERATURE!! It reached 80F degrees here!🎉🎊
20220505_162028.jpg

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
the cons here are the temperature swings .... we hit 87F two weeks ago , since then it's been like a miserable november day .... we were 35F this morning ......... kinda interesting these guys know it's may and not october or november ...........pros , bugs are not a problem here .........

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I mostly hate spring. Rain, rain, mud, more rain, bugs, warm, cold, warm, cold, rain, mud. Yep fall too.
I like the fact that spring does mean summer is coming. I do like that spring does green everything up and the tortoises can get outside most days, well normally. This year we are having a lousy spring.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
the cons here are the temperature swings .... we hit 87F two weeks ago , since then it's been like a miserable november day .... we were 35F this morning ......... kinda interesting these guys know it's may and not october or november ...........pros , bugs are not a problem here .........
Yet 🤣 they are marching in sooner than we want. I've seen em here and there. And woohoo I've actually seen a honey bee. I couldn't believe my eyes