Thermometers, Hygrometers, and UV Meters?

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Does anyone have any good suggestions on Amazon for some temperature and humidity gauges? I'm also curious for a UV meter so I can periodically test my lightbulbs. :) Is there a particular brand that has some good models? Any input is appreciated! Thanks! :tort:

Let's get tortoise geeked!

AnimalLady

Does anyone know how accurate an app on a phone might be? I have an app called: Hygro and it monitors humidity, not sure on its accuracy though.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Does anyone know how accurate an app on a phone might be? I have an app called: Hygro and it monitors humidity, not sure on its accuracy though.

Your phone would have to have a hygrometer built in and that is a feature I have not seen yet.

That app probably uses weather data from a weather site to tell you the current humidity.

Am I wrong? THat would sure be a neat app for a phone if its really exists.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Does anyone have any good suggestions on Amazon for some temperature and humidity gauges? I'm also curious for a UV meter so I can periodically test my lightbulbs. :) Is there a particular brand that has some good models? Any input is appreciated! Thanks! :tort:

Let's get tortoise geeked!

Here is your meter:
https://www.solarmeter.com/model65.html

I have not seen or heard of any acceptable substitute.

AnimalLady

Your phone would have to have a hygrometer built in and that is a feature I have not seen yet.

That app probably uses weather data from a weather site to tell you the current humidity.

Am I wrong? THat would sure be a neat app for a phone if its really exists.

Crap if i know LOL. Its an Iphone.. Does that mean anything? LOL!

You're right though, I just turned off my Location thing and it told me that it cannot function without it, so yea, its getting local information from the weather.. ugh.

thanks!

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Hmm, so Tempgun.com is a good company for those?