This video is crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
It's most likely a South American toad head, Mesoclemmys gibba. :)

Danny

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
That was incredible. I expected to see a turtle eating a carcass, not actually catching a bird.

Evan

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
All I can say is those turtles must be pretty darned hungry.

Y

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
egyptiandan said:
It's most likely a South American toad head, Mesoclemmys gibba. :)

Danny

Danny is this typical behavior for that species of turtle???

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I once saw a nature show of African helmeted turtles catching and eating ringneck doves when they visited the waterhole. This was not one turtle but the entire population of the waterhole. The impression I got was that it is common behaviour for these turtles.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Like Larry, I've seen the Helmeted turtles is Africa catching and eating doves. This is the first time I've seen this with any South American side-neck. After seeing this I would say that they probably do the same thing as the Helmeted turtles. As in going after birds during the dry season, when water levels are at their lowest.

Danny

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
O.K. someone let me know next time that somethings going to be killed before they put a video up. I'm the kind of person who switches channels on Animal Planet right before it's going to show something like that. That was gross (sorry). I know it's nature, but don't want to actually see it. :( Candy

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
Candy said:
O.K. someone let me know next time that somethings going to be killed before they put a video up. I'm the kind of person who switches channels on Animal Planet right before it's going to show something like that. That was gross (sorry). I know it's nature, but don't want to actually see it. :( Candy

Ok, no problem.... And please do not take offense but do you eat meat? Does dale not eat worms, slugs, or snails?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Jorrow, don't think I got mad at you or the video because I didn't I just wish I would have been able to switch the channel before the turtle got to the bird. When Dale goes outside in the warm weather he will get worms or snails I'm sure because I know that's how nature works as for in his tank no I do not give him that. I did give him Elk meat because he wasn't eating the cat food. I know double standard and all. :( Candy

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
He did like it actually he seemed to love it. I have it in the freezer now because I had to buy a pound of it. I actually fed some of it to my dogs. Candy

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
I wouldn’t eat a park rat but when you’re hungry anything goes. Cool video!

Status
Not open for further replies.