Thor the Tortoise

milkandsam

5 Year Member
Hello all!

I have posted several times, but I wanted to "officially" introduce Thor the Ibera Greek Tortoise. He is a Christmas present for my fiance. For as long as I have known him, he has always talked about getting a tortoise!

I had intended to keep him a secret until the middle of december at least... but fate had other plans! I left a business card from a tortoise dealer on my counter...
Well that quickly changed my plans... and sure enough he had his Christmas present... about 20 days early!!! After deliberating for a day or two my wonderful fiance came up with the name of.. Thor. :)

Needless to say, I have posted my fair share of newbie questions from a new paranoid tort owner! So I wanted to share a few photos of Thor to "officially" introduce him to the Greek tortoise community!

So.... Here is Thor! (if I can figure out how to upload pictures!!)

We really enjoy our bath time!!

Thor is so tiny! We love our little baby!!

Nick and Anna

milkandsam

5 Year Member
:):)
1386818225915.jpg
Exploring mom's lap and taking a look around the apartment :)

1386818268885.jpg
Eating yummy endive while soaking...

1386818296124.jpg

Hi world :):)

Last edited by a moderator:

HerbsParents

Thor is amazing, me and my fiance have also have a Tiny greek named Herbert. They have such huge personalities for such tiny little torts

milkandsam

5 Year Member
HerbsParents said:
Thor is amazing, me and my fiance have also have a Tiny greek named Herbert. They have such huge personalities for such tiny little torts

Thanks!! They really do! We are excited to watch him grow!! :)

jackmeggers

Location (City and/or State)
Hampton Roads, Va
It must be the year for Christmas tortoises. I gave my guy one for Christmas as well. He went into toddler mode when he saw it and "turtle" (be cause I hadn't had the chance to explain what he was yet) was the only word he knew for a few minutes. We named our little greek Archimedes and he is roughly 8-9 months old. Thor is adorable! Congratulations.

milkandsam

5 Year Member
Too cute!! I was so nervous that he wouldn't like it because it is such a big commitment (but who am I kidding.. I'll probably be taking care of it most of the time!! Lol) my fiance treats our reptiles like they are his children and shows them off to anybody who will listen... too funny! Approximately how big is your tort?

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Awesome remember when squirtle was this young. I want another baby! Lol