Three senior poodles in California need a new lease on life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
So sad. I hope someone can adopt these three together and let them live the rest of their lives in as much comfort as possible.

401044_10150524003423138_557828137_9158013_259546737_n.jpg

FROM A SHELTER VOLUNTEER:

They are sweet and docile, but they behave as though they have spent most of their lives in crates.

We took them into the yard and they were so wobbly on their little legs, like they weren't used to walking. Some of the toe nails must have been 1-1/2 inches long. None of us had ever seen such long toe nails before. They huddle together all the time - so we put a bed into the yard with them, and they all climbed into the bed and wanted to stay there - it was almost like they were in a lifeboat.

According to the medical staff, they all have the same geriatric problems - cataracts, dental, minor skin issues, possible hearing loss. I asked if they would break it down between dogs, and they said it was the same for each.

So very sadly, I was informed (after I started writing this email) that the largest of the four poodles, who seemed older and we thought possibly to be the mother of the other three, passed in her sleep. She had an enormous hernia or tumor the size of a baseball and appeared to be in a great deal of discomfort, she was suffering :)

The info on the three surviving poodles is :

A1279487 - 12 years old, female, 6-lbs
A1279490 - 12 years old, female, 6-lbs
A1279491 - 12 years old, neutered male, 4-lbs
AT HARBOR ANIMAL SHELTER 888-452-7381: A1279487 - 12 years old, female, 6-lbs A1279490 - 12 years old, female, 6-lbs A1279491 - 12 years old, neutered male, 4-lbs 4 caged and neglected Toy Poodles were turned into Harbor, these 3 survived, the possible mother of these 3 was found dead in their shelter bed Tuesday night. They were turned in as strays by a man. They couldn't walk- so they weren't strays- their nails were over an inch long. They were his and he lied. They need a miracle. I met them all yesterday and they are lovely. They deserve a life of love, free of cages.
By: Heather Rowe

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ohhh poor little babies :( I wish I lived in Cali and was able to give them the life they deserve!
Ugh how could you treat an animal that way??
Kristina, how did you hear about them?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
A friend of mine posted their story on Facebook. Poor babies. I just can't imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.