Throwing up and diarrhea

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Now you will be addicted to tortoises!! I started out with one redfoot in 2008, now I have 8, 3 died :( as babies. But they are amazing creatures!!!!

Willi

I definately want to broaden my collection of species I want to get next maybe another red foot but I also want to get a yellow foot next which I know are dificult to find and get hold of another is a sulcutta I really want one of them but one tortoise is on the top of my wish list - the PANCAKE TORTOISE haha

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I definately want to broaden my collection of species I want to get next maybe another red foot but I also want to get a yellow foot next which I know are dificult to find and get hold of another is a sulcutta I really want one of them but one tortoise is on the top of my wish list - the PANCAKE TORTOISE haha
I really want some yellowfoots too!! I've never seen them available anywhere! I think they are beautiful! Pancakes would be cool too!

pjj

Location (City and/or State)
Southern Maine
I am new to the red foot world. I have had my Russian, Jeff, for 5 years before I brought my new, red foot, Pepper, home last month. I am learning the ins and outs of owning a South American species. Boy, what a difference! Thank goodness for sites like this one. Thank you for the great advice. I awoke to a similar mess this morning. The culprit....boiled egg yesterday. Well, I think that's what caused the vomit and diarrhea. I fed her egg before with no problems. This time I wasn't so lucky, yuck,! I thought for sure she was gravely I'll until I read this post and put 2 and 2 together. Thank you sooo much!

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
I keep redfoots and out of the 5 i have 2 have done the same after eating egg. I do not feed them eggs for protein anymore. And its never happened again. I admit it was scary. Sorry it happened to yours. I hope things are better now.

pjj

Southern Maine
I was so worried! She had eaten egg in the past with good results. In fact, she seemed to love it. I won't try it again. She didn't like the chicken I gave her a couple of weeks ago. She's kind of a picky eater. She loves mango, strawberries and I've found she'll eat her mixed greens better if I pulverize a section of orange and mix it in. I tried to offer her a red worm once and she was afraid of it!