TNT and meat question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avocado034

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hey guys-

I have 2 kind of unrelated questions if you could help me out with

background: 2 baby redfoots just turned 5 months old (have had them for 3 months)

1. I finally bought some TNT supplement ( i have been using reptivite and calcium sparsely (a few times a week) because even though it is a bit pricey, I know it is recommended and seems better- How many times a week should I add to 5 month old tortoises food?

2. I know that Terry redfoot guy recommends not feeding baby redfoots meat protein until they are 6 months- what is everyone's opinion on this? so far, i have not fed ANY meat protein to the babies ( unless they found a slug outside or something) but I don't want to wait too long and end up messing them up

Oh, and randomly--
i live in new orleans, and have been putting the babies outsides in the mornings from 7:30 am to 10ish most mornings-- this is okay, right? Its so hot in the summer right now, I think the middle of the day heat would be too intense for them? Does anyone recommend more or less time outside??

Thanks

Avocado034

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I like to cover my bases- i usually post in all my forums to see to get different opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.