Today, December 10, 2012, I found a box turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I went to check on Sylvia, the new sulcata and spotted this fellow in an area just outside the empty russian tortoise pen. don't know anything about him except he is under weight and has an eye infection, and will spend the winter inside, it's possible he has been there quite a while,I just keep extra plants and nursery pots in this area, and just never noticed him before. The funny part of all this is about a half hour before finding him I was telling my wife about another box turtle -a female- that I have been treating for bad eyes since Sept is 100% OK now. I added a pic of Sylvia, she is settling in and doing real good.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Poor Sylvia. So glad that you've taken her under your wing. Isn't it amazing how many turtles and tortoises find their way to your door when people learn that you like them.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
emysemys said:
Poor Sylvia. So glad that you've taken her under your wing. Isn't it amazing how many turtles and tortoises find their way to your door when people learn that you like them.

Yes it is, but I don't mind as long as they let me know they are leaving them. I had several this year that were just wandering around the yard, still don't know who dropped them off, and this one also, it couldn't get from the area it was in. If it could of gotten out I may have seen it sooner. I know Rocket would have seen it and let me know it was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.