Can you keep Marginated tortoises outside in Uk?

Jackiemuscat

Location (City and/or State)
Northampton
As the post says…looking to upgrade my 5 yr old male marginated’s enclosure and wondered if outside was an option if I live in the middle of the UK. Or is it simple just too damn cold!??

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I am not an expert, but I would say that your second sentence applies and the answer is yes.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi .
As well as the caresheet for marginated torts , this other thread by Tom is great for all tort care and towards the end of his first post it has a link to a more up to date caresheet for all Mediterranean/temperate species. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
If more experienced members think it may be OK for a marginated tort this thread may also help with ideas.
The lady who wrote in had a Greek - also a Med tort.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
As the post says…looking to upgrade my 5 yr old male marginated’s enclosure and wondered if outside was an option if I live in the middle of the UK. Or is it simple just too damn cold!??
For anywhere in the world, I like to have an indoor and an outdoor enclosure. Indoors for night time and inclement weather, outdoors for fair weather. In your climate, if you can find a nice open sunny spot, there should be lots of warm summer days where your tortoise can be outside.