Tort can't poop

Gattu N'Coco

Location (City and/or State)
india
It's been 3 days straight she can't poop she's 7-8inches has gained a bit of weight too. She's eating but not Popping at all. I've tried warm soaks for like hoursss. I tried massaging a lil like giving tiny bit of pressure to the lower area of the plastron she pooped one day then even with that I got no luck. I tried mixing aloe and cucumber since she's also dehydrated, she never drinks water by herself I also fed her water through a syringe but she's not going. I saw her tail pumping as if she wants to poop but it's not coming out, she's really trying hard I think. What do I do I'm ultra worried!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The best thing I found for getting that poop out is to put the tortoise in the human bath tub and add warm water to come up to the middle of its sides. Just leave it there for hours, but check frequently. Don't worry that the water cools off. It's warm enough now that it won't cool down enough to be detrimental. Scrambling around in the tub frantically ALWAYS makes them empty their bowels.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Try syringing her some canned pumpkin. It’s a great regulator for blockages and runs!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Try syringing her some canned pumpkin. It’s a great regulator for blockages and runs!

I need to clarify that I have no professional training to back that advice.. only experience.. and that is with many other animals that do not include tortoises...

Gattu N'Coco

india
The best thing I found for getting that poop out is to put the tortoise in the human bath tub and add warm water to come up to the middle of its sides. Just leave it there for hours, but check frequently. Don't worry that the water cools off. It's warm enough now that it won't cool down enough to be detrimental. Scrambling around in the tub frantically ALWAYS makes them empty their bowels.
This is what she does always when I soak her. She's active only when it comes to food, if she sees food she'll run a marathon. I don't have a bath tub but I'll try to put her in a bigger container with round edges. 20180712_102550.jpeg

Gattu N'Coco

india
She pooped but again the same happened, she poops in about 4-5 days is that normal?