Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
dbsneed69 said:
I don't think there are any loop-holes. I'm pretty sure that the gophers are looked at as "property" of the state.

It might not be right but, I would call that joker a Sulcata and play dumb. As my wife has trained me, it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
Often times ignorance (even pretend ) is not an exscuse.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
I posted this on the other thread as well.

So even if the "property" isn't naturally from the state where it resides, why can't it be returned to it's home range??? Be it California, Texas, Arizona, Utah, Mexico, Mary Anne's house :D

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
dmmj said:
dbsneed69 said:
I don't think there are any loop-holes. I'm pretty sure that the gophers are looked at as "property" of the state.

It might not be right but, I would call that joker a Sulcata and play dumb. As my wife has trained me, it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
Often times ignorance (even pretend ) is not an exscuse.

Who's pretending?!?! :p

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
when they are young....they are often mistaken for an adult russian.....just throwing that often mistaken identity out there.....just throwing it out there, is all :D

one other observation on my part....you said that the person told you that they use to be housed together for years without any problems, possibly the trio becoming a pair changed their dynamics.....just an observation and nothing else...there is no way ever to be certain that this would not have happened regardless?????

pairs are a hard thing to happily achieve...just really hard for many species of torts...

M

Maggie Cummings

I guess I missed this thread before, but I am hoping the OP makes sure just where he is supposed to inject, IM or SubQ there's a difference there.

And some make not like this but considering the Gopher tort is already in a state where he is illegal to reside, what difference does it make if you ship him to a state where he would be well cared for and happy, as in the state of Mary Anne's house?

I see we haven't gotten an update on this guy. I hope he's alright and has had his beak trimmed again.

Schlomo

5 Year Member
He's doing ok and still eating fairly well - just feel bad not being able to take him outside. I was told to give injections under the skin. Been putting ointment on him a couple of times a day.

On Monday, I am taking him to the Virginia Reptile Rescue. They said he would have a permanent home there in a large pen. I would have preferred that he go to a warmer state, but I saw the thread about how it was illegal to ship Gopher tortoises across state lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.