Tortoise Wheezing / Making Sound?

kai.oki

Location (City and/or State)
Belgium
I am hoping somebody in the forum may be able to offer some advice here- for the last couple of days my tortoise has been making a tiny coughing sound. She's done it a couple of times after eating or doing something strenuous (such as lifting herself up onto a rock, or making a poop.) You can see it in the video below, but will have to turn the volume up quite a bit to hear the sound:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pzz2-Z6sJYZ63aXHHDwxKS72ihtDc2Fr/view?usp=sharing

It almost sounds as though she is just expelling air- but of course, my concern is that it could be something more serious (and will be taking her to see the vet ASAP.) Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Mine does that sometimes. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about as long as he’s active, eating, and no mucus is coming out of his nose :)

kai.oki

Belgium
Mine does that sometimes. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about as long as he’s active, eating, and no mucus is coming out of his nose :)

Thanks for the response! She is eating, mucus-free, not very active but that seems to be her normal state at the moment! (Or for the past few months at least.)