Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshineherps

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
Wheezing sound - help!

Hello all:

I need some help/ feedback from anybody that has had a similar issue. Both of my indian stars (approx. 2.5 years old) are making a wheezing sound when breathing. Is this a definite symptom of upper respiratory infection(URI)? Could it be something else. Assuming it is URI, how is it treated/cured? Is there an "over the counter" solution or is a vet required? They are both kept indoors in glass tank, with the required temps, uva, uvb, etc. They are currently active and eating well.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

sunshineherps

10 Year Member!
FL
Hello all:

I need some help/ feedback from anybody that has had a similar issue. Both of my indian stars (approx. 2.5 years old) are making a wheezing sound when breathing. Is this a definite symptom of upper respiratory infection(URI)? Could it be something else. Assuming it is URI, how is it treated/cured? Is there an "over the counter" solution or is a vet required? They are both kept indoors in glass tank, with the required temps, uva, uvb, etc. They are currently active and eating well.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Looks like we overlooked this thread, sorry about that.

Are you still having this issue?

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Increase your temps, if they are still hearing that's great. Do they have runny noses? Give them warm soaks. They should come out of it. No need for a vet at the moment.

sunshineherps

10 Year Member!
FL
Thank you for responding (I was suprised there had been no response). I actually increased temps and they seem better. No runny nose and yes, they are eating well. Thanks agian.

Status
Not open for further replies.