Tortoises are soo cute and intelligent!

Hector108

So i just returned from my local pet store (had just bought my girl a cuttlebone) and i came to check on her. When i peeked my head in I noticed some bites on her cuttlebone, but she was eating some cacti that i had left in there. She looked up at me (she is in her indoor enclosure and it's not see through) then started to try climb up the enclosure wall. She does this everytime she sees me and i know what she wants when she does that : she wants me to take her to her outdoor enclosure. I normally peek in and lay my hand open on the substrate, she gets on top of my hand, i grab her, then take her outside. Its getting late so i didn't take her outside, but she looked soo cute. Amazing how smart these animals are. They learn the routine. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Um, really! You tell us this great, cute story and you don't include a picture! I think that's against the rules:p So very cute. They are great animals:D
Next time though, we need a picture;)

Rue

Canada
Is it my imagination...or is she all different colours in that photo? In the centre of the scutes?

Hector108

Yup, long story short, i rescued her from a life with a man and two little girls that painted the shell, fed her frigde food, and had her roaming around in the living room where anyone could accidentally step on her. Thankfully she is with me now and never got stepped on. She didnt even get natural sunlight and its crucial for her because she is barley 4in. (Still devoloping).

TheWarTortoise

10 Year Member!
Pennsylvania
Yup, long story short, i rescued her from a life with a man and two little girls that painted the shell, fed her frigde food, and had her roaming around in the living room where anyone could accidentally step on her. Thankfully she is with me now and never got stepped on. She didnt even get natural sunlight and its crucial for her because she is barley 4in. (Still devoloping).

Ugh. It's really frustrating to hear stories about irresponsible owners. Glad to see he's in good hands now.

Hector108

Lucky her and i. She is my favorite tortoise. I got really attached to her. She always gives me an awesome day just by watching her. :p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Oh man, little girls a tortiose's worst nightmare.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Lucky her and i. She is my favorite tortoise. I got really attached to her. She always gives me an awesome day just by watching her. :p
I love watching my little dude too! I think he does get used to the routine. I would feed him when I got home from work, and when I started leaving him food before I left for work, he would somehow not notice it and instead beg me for his dinner when I checked on him after work! :rolleyes:

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
Is it my imagination...or is she all different colours in that photo? In the centre of the scutes?

So glad you asked this question. With everything I know about tortoises I wondered if this was a colored tortoise. My vast expansive knowledge of tortoises is pretty limited. :)

Kasia

Poland

She was lucky to have fallen in your hands - for the conditions she had I would say she looks really well and I don't mean the colored shell .... :)