Toxic fumes

Amel

Location (City and/or State)
England
Hello all,

I’m unsure if this is serious or I’m being dramatic but I have just painted a mirror in the same room where my tortoise stays, I didn’t think at all beforehand if it would be dangerous to her but now I’m worried. The windows were open the whole time but I’ve just opened the doors and taken her out of the room.

The paint smell was a bit strong so I’m a bit worried, Are the fumes toxic or damaging to her?

Thanks

Itzel and Ams

Amel

England
I’ve just researched it and apparently it can be dangerous, does anyone know what I can do to help her? If anything

Bee62

Germany
Hello. When you had the windows open all the time there should be done no damage to your tortoise. You don`t have to be worried.
But put her enclosure in another room yet until the strong smell of the paint you used is completeley gone.
Watch your tortoise closely for the next hours and the next day. When she is not acting weird or lethargic you can be sure that she is okay.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Reptiles are not as sensitive to this sort of thing as birds are. You should be fine. I'd keep your tortoise out of that room for a day or two until the smell subsides.