Training experiment on my RedFoot!

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Puerto Rico
Last weekend I had the chance to make and experiment on my Redfoot Dobby. My soon to be wife jiji take care of her every morning before she goes to work. Little Dobby doesn't get up early so Charlene turns on the heat lamp so she can start to wake up. She remove the log where she sleeps and grab Dobby and put her below the heat lamp so she can start warming up. Then she goes to the kitchen or backyard to get the fresh food for Dobby and put in the rock so Dobby can eat it. Charlene does this every morning and every evening!!

Now!! My experiment was to know if my Dobby was able or if charlene was able train her in creating a routine of her diet. And guess what!? It did!!
This is our Dobby sleeping.....
ImageUploadedByTortForum1393443465.362596.jpg

After I turn on the heat lamp (this was made in the evening) and remove the log and wake up Dobby and put her below the lamp...

ImageUploadedByTortForum1393443615.470636.jpg

Charlene was preparing her meal, me watching Dobby, she stood there for more than 5 minutes looking at the rock looking for her meal and started looking everywhere but didnt move an inch. But when charlene puts the food on the rock she runs for it....

ImageUploadedByTortForum1393443813.655425.jpg

Despite she eats a lot much better than me, every day she show us that she is getting smarter.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1393443980.553032.jpg
"Ohh yeap"

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1393443580.939084.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1393443580.939084.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Actually, I think Dobby is training Charlene!

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Thanks!! We take really good care of her. We dont have any children so Dobby is like our daughter.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
My tortoises are training me to scoop and gently pour warm water over their carapace during their soaks. They get so relaxed and if I stop, they start moving around to whichever tort is getting their shell wet by me. It's kind of funny. Beans and Watson seem to like it more than Freckles. Sometimes she is just too busy being Freckles to notice that I'm pouring water on her shell LOL.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Jejeje!!! If I had known how much fun having a tort is. I would have get me one years ago!