transport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juddb

5 Year Member
Hello everyone,
I will be moving from Florida, to Washington state next month. Just wondering what the best way to transport a RF would be? Besides shipping of course. Thanks in advance.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Are you driving and planning to stop at motels for the night? My sister has a nice wooden box with a hinged lid and she calls it Bob's Motel 7. She packs him in the box and closes the lid. He usually sleeps during the driving. Then when she stops at the motel, she attaches a clamp light with a black bulb for warmth during the night. If you don't want to be assaulted with the terrible poop smell (they always manage to do the wettest, smelliest poops in the car then they move around and get it all over themselves), you can put a disposable diaper on the tortoise. They come in very small sizes and you duct tape it to the shell.

Yvonne

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Oh Jeezzz...I would give anything to see Bob in a disposable diaper. Does Maggie do that to Bob????

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
terryo said:
Oh Jeezzz...I would give anything to see Bob in a disposable diaper. Does Maggie do that to Bob????

No, he's too big to travel anymore. She has to find a babysitter when she travels, and she leaves him home.

Yvonne

Torts

5 Year Member
Washington State
You could also order some heating pads specifically used for shipping reptiles. If you add this to your box, it will help keep your tortoise warm for hours and hours. You definitely don't want your tortoise to get sick with the temperature change. Good luck with you move to WA. I live in Tacoma, WA and we are experiencing the rainy season once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.