Travel to Croydon, UK in September

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
Hello TFO!

I'm heading to South London for about a week in early September and was planning on visiting the zoo, but wondered about other animal/tortoise related things to do and see while I'm there (in addition to my work and some of the usual tourist stuff).

Thanks,

Jamie

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
There's a great place called Longleat but it's north of London in Wiltshire about an hour or so away - so may be too far away for you https://www.longleat.co.uk/

There may be something on these websites you'll like

or

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Hi You can visit London zoo
Book ticket in advance but that could be due to current school holidays.
Re Tourist attractions Brighton is worth a visit on the Coast South of where you are.
In London
-Tower of London
-Buckingham Palace
-Big Ben Westminster
Have a look at this site for competitive tickets and ideas....
Enjoy your visit to UK

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I'm really excited about my upcoming visit!

I lived in London for a year when I was 6, but haven't been back since (except for flying through on the way to other points in Africa and Europe).

I've got a Trusted Housesitter gig for ten days in Croydon, and although I'm planning on some tourist stuff, I'll also be doing some remote work and some writing.

Jamie

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm really excited about my upcoming visit!

I lived in London for a year when I was 6, but haven't been back since (except for flying through on the way to other points in Africa and Europe).

I've got a Trusted Housesitter gig for ten days in Croydon, and although I'm planning on some tourist stuff, I'll also be doing some remote work and some writing.

Jamie
Sounds great and I hope you have a lovely time!
Keep your eye out for the bus, rail and tube strikes which may scupper plans to get about on certain dates Don't get into trouble as the barristers are also striking from 5th September and you may not be able to post anything back home on 8th and 9th Sept as Royal Mail are also on strike then! There could also days when refuse collection is interrupted because of industrial action, but apart from all that (and the drought) you should have a great time!!! :)
You can tell I don't work for the UK tourist board!! 😁

Last edited: