Travelling tortoise

tazpjm

Location (City and/or State)
Qatar
Hello, I'm going to go away for a month this December and I dont know whether or not I should bring my tortoise. Where I'm going is cold and I worry about her neing sick, but I also cant find a pet hotel or a babysitter. Is there anything I can do?

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Hello, I'm going to go away for a month this December and I dont know whether or not I should bring my tortoise. Where I'm going is cold and I worry about her neing sick, but I also cant find a pet hotel or a babysitter. Is there anything I can do?
She should be fine unless you'll be in a car for days. You could bring a smaller set up with you. Her food and accessories. A large steralite bin, like the big black ones at target, her heating, uvb and maybe a heat pad to go under the bin at night. Hope this helps.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Leave the tortoise at home in its enclosure with timers and thermostats and have a friend, neighbor, or family member come give food and clean water daily.