Turkwood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Well I posted a lot of pictures and always got the same reaction as far as what they were. Lot of people thought they were Brown mt. tortoises, but mine are 100 percent black mt. tortoises. I was talking to vic, and he said he hatched a few light brown colored black mt. tortoises, and he calls them "turkwoods" He said he had a male that bred with one of his females, and ended up turning some of the babies light brown instead of the darker color most are known for. He kept most all of them, except the ones i have, He didint even think he sold any, but after see the pictures he said I def. have the lighter colored ones, and interested in how they end up turning out. I thought i would share this, since it was a mystery on why they were so light in color. I thought the black would just grown in, but i guess not.... I also have new pictures i want to post, so coming sooon.

Kyle

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hm-m-m...never heard of the term "turkwood" before. My tortoise partner is somewhat of an expert on the Manouria tortoises, I'll have to run that by him and see what he says. Its good that you're being kept in communication with Vic. He can be pretty hard to contact when he tries.

Yvonne

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
yeah, Its not even a morph, its just what vic is calling them for now. since they are so light, I dont think its its a new morph, just lighter in color, and i just wonder if they will stay light in color or will end up turning dark. so far they are staying light, and light brown still.

Status
Not open for further replies.