Two R/F first night together. (An arranged marriage.)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
My largest male R/FJulio was just introduced to my largest, but smaller female, Shelly. They spent about 20 minutes looking at each other. Even though the pen is about 12' by 8', they both took a swim and retired into the night house. This is the first time in many years that I have placed two of my tortoises together. I plan to ad another two or three females and then open up all the pens into a giant one of about 25' square. We'll see how this goes. They are dug into the hay on separate sides of the house. The heat comes on at 7 pm.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Good luck buddy

He must of eaten her food if she made him sleep on the couch

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The next morning I found her all cozy still in the dog house and him deep inside his cement tunnel, outside. No kidding! I've got them separated again. I just want them to see each other and get used to the idea. My second female is still way too small for courtship and I'd like to have two females in there at a minimum. I am actively looking for a small, adult female. A redfoot number four. I have five large pens. I need to keep one empty for rotation in case I get ants, etc.

Turtlepete

South Florida
The next morning I found her all cozy still in the dog house and him deep inside his cement tunnel, outside. No kidding! I've got them separated again. I just want them to see each other and get used to the idea. My second female is still way too small for courtship and I'd like to have two females in there at a minimum. I am actively looking for a small, adult female. A redfoot number four. I have five large pens. I need to keep one empty for rotation in case I get ants, etc.

Think twice about rotation. I've had to move my group twice now. Both times, the amount of eggs I got seriously suffered. When the females are uncomfortable in a new habitat, they usually won't lay eggs for a while. My first pair took over a year and a half to settle in before I got any eggs at all! So be careful about switching them around to much. You really want the females to get used to their environment and be comfortable.