Type of Grass and Wildflower/Weed?

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
I was wondering what type of grass this is. It grows wild in my backyard, so high that it slopes over. I wanted to collect grass to use throughout the winter and there is a lot of this stuff. Any ideas about what it is? The other picture with the blue flower is another weed that grows by it, a lot of it has been eatin away by bugs and is dying but it grows crazy in the summer so I’d like to give it to my tort if it’s good for her. Thanks for your help!

C9E9D5A9-EA6B-4B3C-A537-0A588AE8E78A.jpeg 69949867-E500-4299-8AB3-A01C79D1C47F.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The trailing plant looks like some sort of tradescantia, or a type of wandering jew. Don't know the species of grass.

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
The trailing plant looks like some sort of tradescantia, or a type of wandering jew. Don't know the species of grass.
Thank you for your help! Now looking back at the picture, I think its just huge amounts of crabgrass. Do you know if thats safe for tortoises and good for them. I plan to probably blend it up and mix it with her other foods becuase I know she probably won't eat it on her own.