Uvb for a hingeback

TheLastGreen

Location (City and/or State)
Johannesburg
I do apologise, to some members it may feel like this question has been asked a thousand times today, but I need help. I have a kinixys, it needs dappled light, (around 0.5-2.0) which is low. I do take him outside, but our SA sun easily reaches 8.0-11.0, it also stresses him out being outside.
I have found lights for about $2, which means I must be in a coma, and I hope someone wakes me up soon, because $2 is impossibly cheapScreenshot_20211207-152700_Chrome.jpg
What does that low raiting mean? How long should he be outside if it reaches 8+?
Do you even get raitings that low and how long should it be on?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
T4 is the tube diameter, 6400 Kelvin is the 'color' and that a good range. I get the impression these do NOT put out UVA or UVB or else it would say so. 14 watt means they are not 'HO' = high output, and I don't think any manufacture of reptile lighting makes a T5 that is not also HO.

I don't know what is common is RSA for reptile lighting. There is a guy on Facebook, Dirk Barnard in the "Cape Tortoise Group" that imports and re-sells reptile lighting that has the UV spectrum in it.

Now for hingebacks, dapples light can be accomplished with live plants in the enclosure or fake plants. Live plants help with moderating humidity.

I use Arcadia Shade dweller tubes. https://www.arcadiareptile.com/shadedweller/lighting/

I don't know what Dirk has right now.