watch what your dog eats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
Thought I'd post a pic of my dog after emergency surgery. Toby had major blockages in his bowel and was septic. He came out of surgery ok, but is still critical and at the vet.

Not sure what he got into. The vet couldn't identify anything but a staple in the 6 cups of foreign matter. She also pulled out a heavy plastic thing lodged in his stomach. I have no clue what it is!

Toby is a sweet 8 year old Germain Short Hair Pointer who gets into trouble now and then!

Please keep him in your thoughts for a successful recovery!

Attachments

• Toby afte surgery croped.jpg
    Toby afte surgery croped.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 36

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
I had a rat terrier that swallowed a niblet ear of corn on the cob.$400.00 for surgery.

Becki

5 Year Member
Albuquerque
Awww poor baby! Hope he gets better soon. You have to love the ones that "get into trouble now and then" .

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Poor Toby! I hope he's feeling better soon and makes a full recovery.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Ouchh, it breaks my heart to see Toby's pic. He is in my thoughts and I hope he will get better pretty soon. Please, keep us updated.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I hope Toby gets better soon. I love these dogs, but they are have to have something to do at all times. :D Toby just found the wrong thing to be doing. I wish you both the best of luck. Keep us updated.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
I have a Westie who loves tearing things up including squeaky toys and her pillow i have stoped getting her squeaky toys because she takes the squeaker out and she now sleeps on a blanket. I hope Toby feels better soon poor thing.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Terese,
I hope your little Toby does find. Has it been 24 hrs? Usually you should get a good idea by that time.
Did they have to do a resection?(cut out part of his intestine?) I have a GSHP and he never ever stops, did I say ever??. They are certainly not for everyone.
Best wishes to him. Keep us informed please.
Na

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Good thoughts coming Toby's way from here. My EBT, ate a sponge, and passed it the same way it went in. We were very lucky.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
Thanks for all the thoughts and good wishes! Toby is home now and recovering. No resection had to be done, the colon/intestines were savable. He's really sore and bruised but happy to be home. We feel really fortunate not just because Toby survived but the same time we were dealing with it at the vet a Yorkie came in that bloated, we spent the majority of the day/night with the owners and their the Yorkie did not make it. I'm heartbroken for them.

Thanks again for all the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.