Weather changing ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
As you all know where leaving summer now and entering autumn...obviously the weather is cooling down......is tiago feeling it already?.....he got up and ate.......but then he has been under his basking light for about 2-3hours looking at me like ''what?'' the temperatures under the bulb are 95-100*F and the cool side is about 86-87*F should i be worried [i think im over reacting]
It is hard to tell if tiago is not eating as he is one of those torts that likes to snack on his food through out the day
[i dont believe in taking the food out after 30mins etc..] but he ate his food yesterday and has munched on his food this morning he got up an hour or 2 later....am i over reacting or should i be worried?...was he just tired and then wanted to relax or....... :rolleyes: :shy:
[i really notice when he changes his routine]........soo...... :rolleyes: :shy:
Thanks in advance!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
RE: Weather changing look inside?...

Still between 105+F (hottest part of the day) to 88F (coolest point of the day, about 3am)...when exactly does this "autumn" you speak of kick in? :rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey, Tyler:

I'm assuming that your tortoises are indoors? In that case, they shouldn't even be able to tell that the weather is changing. You should still have the lights on 12 to 14 hours a day, and it should still be just as warm in the habitat as it was in the middle of July.

Its nice to know your tortoises' habits, but sometimes I feel we overdo it a bit by paying too much attention to them. Your tortoise is probably just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.