Weed picking UK style

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stells

this is what i go out to get every couple of days all freshly picked and FREE:)
weeds002-1.jpg

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lisbon, Portugal
looking tasty! ;)
I pick them weekly, but rarely manage that much variety... do you have any idea of how many types of weeds do you have in there?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Looks tasty. Can't wait for it to warm up in middle America so I can start harvesting. It's still all brown here .

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I can do that in the summer here, but it's mostly dandelions and dandelion greens! you're lucky!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Stells could identify the variuos plants in the mix. I recognize dandelions, narrow leaf plantain, and creeping charlie, but other members may not. It is good mix of weeds most of which are also found in N. America.

S

stells

there are 8 different types in that pile, will soon be back up to 10-15 without other edible plants :) I can feed a weed based diet all year round, sometimes in the winter it is bulked out with other greens (Romaine etc) and occassionally some squash.
No need for a manufactured diet here ;)

S

stells

i only know them by what we call them over here that is,
Dandelion (flowers and leaves)
Speedwell
Dandelion
Plantain
Mallow
sowthistle
jack by the hedge
Chickweed

If you don't understand any of that lol hopefully Danny will try and translate :)

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Lisbon, Portugal
I also manage to pick weeds all year round, mostly Dandelion (flowers and leaves), Hawckbit (flowers and leaves), Plantain, clover (tort doesn't like it that much...), vetch, and a bunch of other weeds I have no idea what are called. But I tend to stick to those I know are safe.
What I meant before is that in each feed I only manage a variety of 3 or 4 weeds at most. I just change those 3/4 every week ;)

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
stells said:
i only know them by what we call them over here that is,
Dandelion (flowers and leaves)
Speedwell
Dandelion
Plantain
Mallow
sowthistle
jack by the hedge
Chickweed

If you don't understand any of that lol hopefully Danny will try and translate :)I know all these (jack by the hedge = creeping charlie). What do they "two countries seperated by a common language":D
They are common weeds in the midwest but not in winter.

S

stells

Why does a country that talks English have to try changing it about??? ;) (JOKING, DON'T COME AND GET ME)

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I have weeds all over my yard year round, the landscaper picks them and tosses them.. Of course if I new they were ok, he wouldn't pick weeds anymore. I think the one is dandelion, but they never produce the yellow flowers, like the ones in my pens. Maybe I will take pictures and you guys can confirm this for me.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
jenrell23 said:
I have weeds all over my yard year round, the landscaper picks them and tosses them.. Of course if I new they were ok, he wouldn't pick weeds anymore. I think the one is dandelion, but they never produce the yellow flowers, like the ones in my pens. Maybe I will take pictures and you guys can confirm this for me.
Jen, you don't need a landscaper, you've got sulcattas.

Status
Not open for further replies.