What about age

CharlieS2020

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
Hey 8 was just thinking 8 don’t know the exact age of my tortoise. I was js7t wonder8ng is there any way t’ tell an age fir a Hermann tortoise. I think Charlie ma6 be around 1 and a half. Because 8 got her from. A pet store my sister was with me and said she heard them say charl8e was 4 months. I got Charlie April 11.2020 but 8 don’t know if Charlie was really 4 months when I got her or him 8 don’t ‘now the gender for sure. Is 8t also fine if I don’t know the precise age or should I find out the exact age? Thanks for the help Charlie

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Hey 8 was just thinking 8 don’t know the exact age of my tortoise. I was js7t wonder8ng is there any way t’ tell an age fir a Hermann tortoise. I think Charlie ma6 be around 1 and a half. Because 8 got her from. A pet store my sister was with me and said she heard them say charl8e was 4 months. I got Charlie April 11.2020 but 8 don’t know if Charlie was really 4 months when I got her or him 8 don’t ‘now the gender for sure. Is 8t also fine if I don’t know the precise age or should I find out the exact age? Thanks for the help Charlie
It's really hard to tell the age if they came from a pet store, we would need to see pictures and how much charlie weighs. To possibly get an idea? Lets pull in an expert. @wellington

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's really hard to tell the age if they came from a pet store, we would need to see pictures and how much charlie weighs. To possibly get an idea? Lets pull in an expert. @wellington
Thanks you but I'm no expert.
Agree though we need pics and size to be able to give a good guess. Likely not young if purchased from a big box type pet store. A mom and pop type pet store its possible it could be young.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
In Canada the big box stores sell baby tortoises. I actually have never seen a juvenile or adult tortoise for sale in any pet shop I’ve been to in Canada. It would be helpful to also post pictures of when you first got Charlie too. Post some good clear photos of Charlies shell and another of his face and front legs when you got him and the same pictures for how he currently looks. Knowing how much he weighed when you got him will help too.