What breed please

Lozbug

Location (City and/or State)
Mansfield
Hello and welcome. Here is the long awaited care sheet.......

Alternative substrate please look at orchid bark. beak and claws need urgent attention then please check heat. Light UVB. Calcium, humidity, diet, substrate, enclosure size to name a few things....
Please read and ask questions as required.
Brilliant, thank you. I’ll read and share with SiL.
My husband has replaced and fixed both heat lamp and uv tube.

It was one of those moments me when it got handed over, you just knew it wasn’t the right care to date. And I want to rectify that. So thank you

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Great your checking and doing what you can. They are strong but really need human care and correct conditions. Enjoy caring for it. Tip....Shallow warm water soaks are really beneficial as tortoise hydrate and drink but also poo and wee If you have time it would be a nice thing to provide. Warm water temp your hand can be in, a high sided container similar to a washing up bowl and for 20 mins to start with attended and monitored.

Lozbug

Mansfield
Great your checking and doing what you can. They are strong but really need human care and correct conditions. Enjoy caring for it. Tip....Shallow warm water soaks are really beneficial as tortoise hydrate and drink but also poo and wee If you have time it would be a nice thing to provide. Warm water temp your hand can be in and for 20 mins to start with.
Thanks. Will note that too. SiL
Coming back to full on list and bunch of environment changes :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Defensive yes, as the first response I get comes across as aggressive and rude to me from Yvonne and now Maro2bear is the same.

I want to get advice on what to do with a tortoise I know nothing about and has been dumped on my sister in law. I think it’s clear we didn’t wander out and buy it isn’t it. So a kinder approach from people is what’s needed, not tell me off like I’ve done this to the poor creature deliberately.
I apologize for sounding agressive and rude. That was not my intention.