What is it & how to care for?

LadyV

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winslow AZ
I have a Russian.....don't know what baby is....I posted in our local sites....she's very friendly and I need to know how to care for her until I find owner...or have to keep her11999981_744299309031689_954745646_n.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I love threads like this :) it's an ornate box turtle check out our care sheets in the box turtle ssection to see how to care for it

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I responded to your other thread, but this is a desert box turtle. If I were you, I would call the AZ Game and Fish to find out if there are any known wild specimens of desert box turtles in Winslow. I know they are collecting data on box turtles, so they should know. If so, this one needs to get back in the wild.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You're partially correct - Terrapene ornata luteola, or desert box turtle.

I don't know the regulations about box turtles in Arizona, but in most other box turtle states, they're protected and it carries a hefty fine to remove them from the wild.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Don't know to be honest; but whatever species it is, it is a very cute tort - GOD bless.

Care sheets will help you take care of your tort and don't hesitate to ask any question.