Wheezy Breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
Ahaha just had to share! Wheezy eating breakfast guess its easier to get at all the good little bits when you dump it off your plate :p silly boy!!

7874d02b.jpg

d97e6bd3.jpg

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
British Columbia
He was found in a back lane attempts were made to find his owner to no avail so the pound gave him to a local reptile rescue where he's been for the last 6yrs. No one has been interested in him till I came along! He's only 7inches and age unknown but has not grown in 6yrs leading the rescue to believe he is older (vet thought he was young due to his size). He eats a Lot for his size though lol.

He is also as far as I know the Worst case of pyramiding anyone on this site has seen :(

poison

5 Year Member
wow i never knew a red foots shell could get that bad :( at least hes in good hands now

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He also looks very thin. I'd feed him as much as he'll eat. Maybe keep food in front of him at all times. Will he eat Mazuri?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
How wonderful that you found him! Have you gotten in touch with Christy? She e-mailed me and said she would love to talk to you about Wheezy.

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Don't know if he's thin but as someone else pointed out in one of my other threads I do need to be careful as his plastron is concave the wrong the (sides cave in not middle) and this could cause some internal workings to not be quite right and his wheeze could be due to some construction and so I wouldn't want to overload him with food as it will leave little room for other organs to work properly! He has salad infront of him All day long I don't take it out except to replace it fresh in the am! I'm getting some TNT from a friend to try out haven't tried mazuri.
Terry - I haven't yet been very busy around here with taking care of Wheezy Ruby Rowdie and the kids and dog sitting a friends dog but I will for sure get in contact!

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
The important thing is he was rescued and in a good home now.

Personally, I think he's cute. Just needs a lil' TLC. Good sign that he has a healthy appetite.

My tortoise also was rescued with some pretty bad pyramiding. But you know, it makes me feel really good that I got a rescue. And it makes me happy to see that you took one in. All animals need love, well, all everything..but you know what I mean. :)

I know that in humans, having a chest wall deformity can cause wheezing, so I would imagine similar of a tort with a shell deformity.

He may be special needs, but with the right care, I'm sure he'll be a healthy and happy tort. I have seen a lot worse cases of pyramiding and shell deformities.

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Thanks Nixxy - I have seen worse in Sulcatas but not in RF's. I have been searching the net and nothing. His shell is so bad when the rescue got him there was exposed infected skin between his scutes :( he had eye infections and a Nasty RI he was in seriously rough shape so he's come a long way. He LOVES raspberries lol so gonna have to stick to more greens so he doesn't get spoiled.

I mist 3xday and he always has food. We have had some outside time but I'm trying not to disturb him too much as he was showing some signs of stress so for now we r just trying to keep his area a bit quiet :)

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Looks like wheezy is in the right hands! Be sure to keep us updated :)

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Thanks :) I always try my best to provide for my animals the best way I know how (an LOTS of research helps lol) so we will be doing our best for our little man!!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I gwas wondering how Wheezy was doing, thanks for the update. Wheezy will like Mazuri

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Thanks Susie
Bigred he's an eating pooping machine Lmao!! He seems to be adjusting well now was worried he was getting stressed but he seems a bit better now he loves his salad :) can I get Mazuri here in Canada? My friend has TNT is that good??

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
I've never heard of TNT so I can't really say.

But I'm sure some forum members that sell it would probably ship to Canada.

There might even be some members in Canada that are selling.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
wheezysmomma said:
Thanks Susie
Bigred he's an eating pooping machine Lmao!! He seems to be adjusting well now was worried he was getting stressed but he seems a bit better now he loves his salad :) can I get Mazuri here in Canada? My friend has TNT is that good??

Mazuri is a dry pellet food and you can add water to make it soft and get some hydration in your tort as well. Mazuri has some protien that your redfoot needs from time to time. I have never used TNT but from what I read about it it sounds good, I think its a mix of dried weeds. Im sure you can find Mazuri online in canada. Glad wheezy and wheezysmomma are doing good

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
If possible, do you think you could upload a video of Wheezy when he's more acclimated? I just want to give him a big hug and some Mazuri!

Nir

5 Year Member
Gatineau, Québec
Wheezy looks in good hand!!

I buy my Mazuri from ren's pet depot off the internet. 10.99 for a 1 pound bag + shipping... Not too bad.

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Thanks Nixxy
Bigred so far so good :) Thanks for the info as always :) you've been a BIG help :)
Mgridgaway thanks :) I will upload a video soon he's really quiet funny and always seems to do the funny tortoise shell scratch when I pet his shell he runs him bum back and forth (I'm sure this poor little deformed shell is very itchy but can't help but laugh when he starts going back and forth lol)
Nir thanks for the info I will look into Ren's :D

Status
Not open for further replies.