Which light is better?

maisiejb

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hello everyone, I am getting a hatchling Hermann tortoise shipped to me in a couple months and I'm a little confused on what lights I should get. I have read a bunch of the care guides on here, but I just want to make sure I am getting the correct lights. Here are 2 on amazon that I was looking into, would either of these work good? I also know I shouldn't get a coiled uv bulb, what brands would you guys recommend? Thanks!

Attachments

• 9211447B-1835-4BA9-B618-722A39CABFA6.jpeg
    9211447B-1835-4BA9-B618-722A39CABFA6.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 8ED29925-91DC-48AB-9B87-CEC8066DE3D3.jpeg
    8ED29925-91DC-48AB-9B87-CEC8066DE3D3.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 10

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello everyone, I am getting a hatchling Hermann tortoise shipped to me in a couple months and I'm a little confused on what lights I should get. I have read a bunch of the care guides on here, but I just want to make sure I am getting the correct lights. Here are 2 on amazon that I was looking into, would either of these work good? I also know I shouldn't get a coiled uv bulb, what brands would you guys recommend? Thanks!
First one is great, but the ad is confusing. The bulb depicted is the right one, but then it says: "Number one seller of compact florescent bulbs" which you do NOT want.

No go on the second one. MVBs have all sorts of issues, and they cause pyramiding too.

All the lighting is explained in here:

maisiejb

Michigan
First one is great, but the ad is confusing. The bulb depicted is the right one, but then it says: "Number one seller of compact florescent bulbs" which you do NOT want.

No go on the second one. MVBs have all sorts of issues, and they cause pyramiding too.

All the lighting is explained in here:
Ok, thanks so much! I really appreciate your help!