White stuff everywhere

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
You're in Alberta, Canada - DUH!!! LOL.
Why didn't you store up some of those goodies for the winter? Or are they not eaten dried?
No idea - being from the Caribbean and all.
I LOVE snow. For a visit.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I've been complaining because it was 67F in the house this morning and I was cold. We haven't turned on the heat yet this year.

chin_lee

5 Year Member
WA state Pacific Northwest
What is snow ?
Snow refers to forms of ice crystals that precipitate from the atmosphere (usually from clouds) and undergo changes on the Earth's surface.[2] It pertains to frozen crystalline water throughout its life cycle, starting when, under suitable conditions, the ice crystals form in the atmosphere, increase to millimeter size, precipitate and accumulate on surfaces, then metamorphose in place, and ultimately melt, slide or sublimate away. Snowstorms organize and develop by feeding on sources of atmospheric moisture and cold air. Snowflakes nucleate around particles in the atmosphere by attracting supercooled water droplets, which freeze in hexagonal-shaped crystals. Snowflakes take on a variety of shapes, basic among these are platelets, needles, columns and rime

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Snow refers to forms of ice crystals that precipitate from the atmosphere (usually from clouds) and undergo changes on the Earth's surface.[2] It pertains to frozen crystalline water throughout its life cycle, starting when, under suitable conditions, the ice crystals form in the atmosphere, increase to millimeter size, precipitate and accumulate on surfaces, then metamorphose in place, and ultimately melt, slide or sublimate away. Snowstorms organize and develop by feeding on sources of atmospheric moisture and cold air. Snowflakes nucleate around particles in the atmosphere by attracting supercooled water droplets, which freeze in hexagonal-shaped crystals. Snowflakes take on a variety of shapes, basic among these are platelets, needles, columns and rime

In Phx , AZ we don’t have that white stuff ! Thank God ! We barely have rain !

Lynn1957

5 Year Member
Alberta

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
This is terrifying. Worse than any horror movie I have recently seen. Please don't let me ever make a "Wrong Turn" and buck up on any SNOW. Ugh!!!

Lynn1957

5 Year Member
Alberta
[
i have some that I froze. Not sure how they will turn out when thawed though. I also dried a bunch but he won't touch them dry. I am trying to grow a lot of lettuces and things inside with artificial lights. We will see how that goes Good thing he loves my hibiscus plant and zoo Med tortoise food![/QUOTE]

AmberD

Ontario
[
i have some that I froze. Not sure how they will turn out when thawed though. I also dried a bunch but he won't touch them dry. I am trying to grow a lot of lettuces and things inside with artificial lights. We will see how that goes Good thing he loves my hibiscus plant and zoo Med tortoise food!
[/QUOTE]
The snow will be headed my way soon in Ontario!! I ordered a seed mix from Carolina Pet Supply and it is growing amazing in a small tank in the window. Might be something for you to try as well? I have a red foot

Lynn1957

5 Year Member
Alberta
The snow will be headed my way soon in Ontario!! I ordered a seed mix from Carolina Pet Supply and it is growing amazing in a small tank in the window. Might be something for you to try as well? I have a red foot[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have set up what looks like a small garden with grow lights. Lol
I will look at the website and maybe try a few more things!
Thanks!