1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Wishful thinking, or does shell / pyramiding look better?

Discussion in 'Sulcata tortoises' started by santorozoo, Aug 28, 2019.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. santorozoo

santorozoo New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Manchester, NH
    I’ve only had her 1 month - she’s had a whole world upside down change though! She was in a 100 gallon aquarium before; now she lives outside and only comes in at nighttime (til she’s a little bigger.) Also went from a completely dry environment / substrate to getting soaked a few times a week. Diet of kale and strawberries to grass and hay. 7BC467CB-13E8-49C3-9197-390124D05055.jpg
  2. Weda737

Weda737 Member 5 Year Member

Location (City and/or State):
    NC
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    May be early to tell but I'm sure new growth will come in smooth with changes like that! I had some lapses in humidity with rocky growing up from time to time and he has a few ridges here and there but since he's big enough to summer outside the same thing happened. Better new growth.