Worrysome growth marks ?

latiat1234

KNgIxlk.jpg

fXGwpsl.jpg

Here's my Enlongated tortoise shell, I've had her since October. Recently I've noticed her growth marks feels a bit narrow. Is this signs of early pyramiding ? What should I do ?

Her main diet consists of elephant ear plant trunk (She seems to grow tired of them recently), lettuce, cucumber, salad, carrots (Occasionally gets a nibble). I spray her enclosure everyday with water.

She sometimes have some mushrooms, fruits of sorts (Twice a week) and some flowers. Should Vitamin D3 be in her diet staple as well ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't think you have anything to worry about. But the diet for this tortoise is very similar to other forest type dwelling tortoises in that it should be provided with dark leafy greens and vegetables supplemented with fleshy fruits such as pears, apples and various berries. It is also known to consume insects, slugs and carrion when found. It should be kept in a humid environment, yet not overly moist.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Elephant ear is on my red foot's poisonous plant list. You might want to double check that one!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Asian tortoises can eat elephant ear. It's a staple in their diets.