Would Like To Know If My Turtle Egg Nestling Look Healthy For Hatching I've Had Them Incubating Since My 29th!!?? I Can See Blood Specks And Veins

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
What species is this? What is the incubation temperature?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
The substrate looks way too wet. There needs to be "air" exchange with the egg. You need high humidity without sealing off the egg with the wet substrate. I use loose vermiculite dampened with 50/50 water by weight. Then only cover the eggs about 1/2 way. I've also just placed the eggs nestled in damp paper towel in a closed container- but you need to ensure the paper towel does not dry out totally and stays damp.

Lo McCoy

Gary Indiana
What species is this? What is the incubation temperature?
Southern Painted Turtles And The Temps Are 80 Degrees Using Warm Water Along With An Aquarium Heater With The Vase Inside Of An IGLOO Bag Cooler

Lo McCoy

Gary Indiana
The substrate looks way too wet. There needs to be "air" exchange with the egg. You need high humidity without sealing off the egg with the wet substrate. I use loose vermiculite dampened with 50/50 water by weight. Then only cover the eggs about 1/2 way. I've also just placed the eggs nestled in damp paper towel in a closed container- but you need to ensure the paper towel does not dry out totally and stays damp.
The Substrate Is Also Potting Soil Mulch With Sand Lying Underneath For Heat Holding Source