Yeah happy day for tori!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
i am so excited! today i went to the pet store and found a bag of cyprus mulch to add to my substrate. i also rearranged her table and added a long tube black light to her sleeping area. she spent all day exploring it and taking quick dips in her water. she now has a place to climp up on stuff that is safe and she wont flip over(she never has). i also put a ball in there and she pushed it around for a little while then came back later for more. her eyes still look awsome and she was really energetic.
i have decided to feed her every other day instead of every day. i dont know if that is right but i think it will give her time to digest and giver her more energy. she had a fun day and i hope it countinues
let me know what you think guys

oh yeah and repti heat cord sucks

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Yea! That's great news! She will be good as new in no time!! I am going to try the ball thing with my hatchlings. Tucker my ADHD tortie would get a kick out of it!!

Not sure about feeding every other day, I am sure someone else will answer that for you, I feed mine every day.

[email protected]

5 Year Member
Colorado
Torty Mom said:
Yea! That's great news! She will be good as new in no time!! I am going to try the ball thing with my hatchlings. Tucker my ADHD tortie would get a kick out of it!!

Not sure about feeding every other day, I am sure someone else will answer that for you, I feed mine every day.

thanks!!!! yea im not sure about the feeding either. ive read diffrent things about it though and i just thought id ask around here to get some input from you guys. tori loves the ball, i hope you have the same luck with your hatchlings

[email protected]

5 Year Member
Colorado
another great day for tori today. she ate really good and did some more exploring, i think i am starting to get things the way she likes them!!!!!!!

M

Maggie Cummings

I disagree with feeding every other day. Especially if your tortoise is a growing baby. It's not healthy for them. FYI, I feed my growing babies twice a day until they are about 6 months old, and then go to once a day depending on how they are growing and what condition they are. Babies are my specialty and I think that not feeding daily will eventually make a stressed out sick baby. If it's an older tortoise you'll get a stressed out older tort...so all around in my opinion not feeding daily is a bad thing and frankly, not a nice thing to do to something you are supposed to care for.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have my reservations about the tube-type black light. The reason we use a black light bulb is to provide heat at night without light. If I'm understanding correctly, a tube light is a fluorescent light. They don't put out any heat, however, it might emit harmful UVA rays. The light we use is a black incandescent bulb. Looks just like a regular light bulb only painted black.

[email protected]

5 Year Member
Colorado
ok well i have been feeding every day so ill just keep that up, thanks. as far as the black light is that it dose put off a good amount of heat and were i have it and when i turn it on she is always in her hide and never gets any light from it. im looking into other options, this is just what i had on hand for a night heat source.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
oh yeah and repti heat cord sucks

I'm glad Tori is enjoying her new digs. I think I should change something in the enclosure every couple of days just to keep my guys interested. I hope you will elaborate on your statement about repti heat cord (cable?) I just installed a 50 watt unit in my leos' new enclosure, and am really liking it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.