Yellow bump on Sulcata

Qwertyuiopgsggs

Location (City and/or State)
Weymouth
Ive gotten this tortoise from a breeder in Arizona and its been a while since Ive gotten him and she has always had this pimple like thing, I never touched it because I did not want to damage her and I assumed it would heal on its own.
That is the only one.

Attachments

• FF619097-1F32-4D49-9628-7D07DE5AA1F1.jpeg
    FF619097-1F32-4D49-9628-7D07DE5AA1F1.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 10

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is a bad sign. Do a search for "austwikia"here on the forum and read all about it.

If you have other tortoises, you need to exercise super strict quarantine procedures.

Qwertyuiopgsggs

Weymouth
That is my only tortoise, from what I saw here and on google it is extremely contagious, and must be treated by a professional, what to do when nobody takes exotics where you live?

Qwertyuiopgsggs

Weymouth
That is a bad sign. Do a search for "austwikia"here on the forum and read all about it.

If you have other tortoises, you need to exercise super strict quarantine procedures.
And are you sure about your guess? The bumps I saw that were confirmed cases of this disease were creamy yellow, this one is more of a transparent, and compared to some pictures much smaller.
This tortoise have been eating A LOT and as its the only bump Im not sure.
Cases also have always been from baby sulcatas which is amother point I should consider.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I've seen some that were transparent, and the animal recovered!