Yellow tint on shell

mase01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Redcar
hi,

just noticed a yellow tint on the bottom of my little mans shell, hes fine, everything about him is normal, i have had him now 5 years from a baby and had no issues.

just wanted to know if anyone has any info about this or if this is just a standard thing that happens?
123.PNGthumbnail_IMG_6092.jpg

zovick

10 Year Member!
hi,

just noticed a yellow tint on the bottom of my little mans shell, hes fine, everything about him is normal, i have had him now 5 years from a baby and had no issues.

just wanted to know if anyone has any info about this or if this is just a standard thing that happens?
View attachment 361248View attachment 361249
It looks like the normal translucency one sees at the edges of the marginal scutes which stand away from the rest of the shell so light can pass through them. These are the marginal scutes near the rear legs, the front legs and the head rather than those along the sides of the body.

mase01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Redcar
It looks like the normal translucency one sees at the edges of the marginal scutes which stand away from the rest of the shell so light can pass through them. These are the marginal scutes near the rear legs, the front legs and the head rather than those along the sides of the body.
so, its nothing to worry about/?