Zenyatta the super horse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

onarock

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hawaii
I guess. Should he have asked her sooner? Well thats the real question that I cant answer. We all saw what happened to the "speed" in the race they came back at the quarter pole and Zenyatta was right there. At first I was thinking I would not want Mike Smith on her in a race like this and I think the best jockey in the field won the race and I still stand by that, but she didnt exactly get an "easy trip". Could Mike have made that trip easier? I think so, takinging her to the rail when I thought she could have had a clean trip right where she was, was, I dont know, I wasnt sitting on her. Are these the kind of races that make great jockeys? Yes. Did Mike have plenty of horse left at the line to win? A convincing YES. If you think after watching that race that she should have won, then you have to blame Mike and I blame Mike. There was plenty of horse there. Today Zenyatta was the CLASS of the field, not the winner and Garrett Gomez knew it

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Definitely the Jockey held her back too long. Did you see all of that energy at the finish line? She would have easily won. Plus it looks like he took a chance with her coming between those other two horses like he did that was a little scary. The owners didn't look very happy either.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
SHE'S A BEAUTIFUL HORSE! too bad she was nosed at the end. It won't diminish her worth to those who care.

tei

Status
Not open for further replies.