1 month later...

mestacey

5 Year Member
I got my first Russian tortoise one month ago today. I've learned so much from all of you this past month, that I decided to show our 1 month pictures (tee hee). I've read a little about sexing a tortoise, and I think mine is a she (there is a pucker on the tail, not a slit) although it is still very small. I'm not sure how fast they grow (I'm assuming not very fast), but He/she has gained .5 oz in a month. The first picture is the day it came home and the second is today. ImageUploadedByTortForum1394218669.362783.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1394218685.161259.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I noticed you said " first Russian tort"don't forget Russians don't do well in pairs , they get real mean to each other , if not in the beginning later they will . So keep them in their own encloses

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
What a cute little baby!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Very cool. I've got a bunch of little ones like that. They are going to be moving into their permanent outdoor home in the next few weeks here. Some much fun at that age.

mestacey

5 Year Member
I didn't mean I was going to get another...just that I'm a first-time owner.

tortgrl

@Tom...curious what your outside enclosure for your Russian looks like...I need to make one.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
That's great that its gaining weight right away. Congrats on a good looking young Russian

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I love the color of this Torts. Very nice.