15 yr old male and 5 yr old female together?

fanofthedog

5 Year Member
Hi - I've had my male for 10 of his 15 years. He is 150lbs. I just took on a friends 5 yr old female and she is much smaller. What age/size does a female need to be to be safe around an adult male?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hi - I've had my male for 10 of his 15 years. He is 150lbs. I just took on a friends 5 yr old female and she is much smaller. What age/size does a female need to be to be safe around an adult male?
I agree with the others here. There is no size or age where a lone female is safe with a lone male. Even a mild mannered male will harass a female into sickness or death. Groups with one male can sometimes work, but not pairs.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Alief
I agree with the others here. There is no size or age where a lone female is safe with a lone male. Even a mild mannered male will harass a female into sickness or death. Groups with one male can sometimes work, but not pairs.
Where’s your Mick Jagger Reference Tom?

fanofthedog

5 Year Member
Thank you so much. I agreed to take this female from a friend at my son's school- her autistic son has become deathly afraid of the tortoise and thats why they had to rehome. If you were adopting out a female- where would you go? The Tortoise Trust or one of the CA rescues? Thanks so much.