2 Days Home !

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
Well , Slick has been with us for 2 days now and continues to amaze us ! He settled right in to the eating , drinking and pooping and peeing thing ! So far he has eaten diced chicken (cooked) with collard greens , and I opened a can of dog food this morning which he happily munched on ! As far as handling I am pleased to say he is enjoying it without a fuss . I have started with 2 10 minute sessions and so far so good !

home 2.jpg

home 1.jpg

He was pretty calm , so we went for a little "arm sitting" I was probably more nervous about dropping him !

home 3.jpg

But he did good !

home 4.jpg

home 5.jpg

So far I think this little dude is just about the perfect pet lizard ! I will try to keep up on Slicks progress here !

BILBO-03

Excited to see him grow!!! :) How long does it take for them to reach adult hood?

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I read that they can eat dog food do you feed him any
Yes , I opened a can of pedigree beef and veggies yesterday and he ate some and seemed to like it. The guy at the show showed me a can and said it is what he has been eating ! I mixed some with some diced up greens today !

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
My bluey's were so awesome. They used to love sitting my my hooded sweatshirt pockets while I watched TV.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Thanks everyone ! He has really settled in well . Not a fussy eater at all ! He started shedding his skin early this morning !

100_9063.jpg

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Slick is all done shedding , and is turning into a real family pet ! Here he is on the PC !

Slick 11.jpg

He wasn't so sure about the other guy !

Slick 12.jpg

He likes being rubbed under his chin !

Slick 13.jpg

He walks right into my hand when I offer it ! Most of the time !

Slick 14.jpg

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I still haven't weighed him , but Slick is 2 inches longer than when we brought him home ! He is 10 inches long now . Here he is chowing down on his dog food with some zucchini mixed in !

Slick 15.jpg

Slick 16.jpg

Slick 17.jpg

I think he got mad that I turned his meal into a "photo op." because he went and hid behind his thermometer !

Slick 10.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You got a pretty one!

I like just a little more humidity for mine. Around 50%. I also offer a humid hide. Especially when they are little, this will ensure you get four perfect little gloves at shedding time. Retained shed can be a problem in dry climates like ours.

Very happy for you!!!

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
You got a pretty one!

I like just a little more humidity for mine. Around 50%. I also offer a humid hide. Especially when they are little, this will ensure you get four perfect little gloves at shedding time. Retained shed can be a problem in dry climates like ours.

Very happy for you!!!

Thanks Tom , I have been Spraying down the warm side in the morning and around 1 or 2 . It is usually around 40 % ! This is a morning "pre spritz" photo ! But I appreciate the tip !

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Finally got around to weighing Slick today looks to be between 600 and 605 G (right after a healthy dump) ! :D Sat him alongside a ruler and he is about a twitch away from 12 inches ! He was 8 inches when he came home last month , so he is really growing ! :cool:
W - M 1.jpg
W - M 2.jpg

W - M 3.jpg
W - M 4.jpg