55gal sterile bin lighting

Location (City and/or State)
Vancouver bc
Hi there! Still on my learning journey and wondering..

I found the thread on how to create a enclosed chamber for a hatchling using a 50gal plastic bin. The hight of the bin is roughly 18 inches. Would I be able to use the 24” Arcadia pro t5 12% kit?

The example in the thread used a T8

I’m asking as id like to use the t5 when I build my pvc enclosed chamber!

thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_6963.jpeg
    IMG_6963.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hi there! Still on my learning journey and wondering..

I found the thread on how to create a enclosed chamber for a hatchling using a 50gal plastic bin. The hight of the bin is roughly 18 inches. Would I be able to use the 24” Arcadia pro t5 12% kit?

The example in the thread used a T8

I’m asking as id like to use the t5 when I build my pvc enclosed chamber!

thanks so much!
Hi! Only with a Forest 6% lamp or without a reflector (it's removable). Recommended distance is 18-21 inches. The bin height is 18, minus 3-4 inches of substrate, minus 1.5-2 inches for lamp fixture height gives distance of roughly 12 inches from lamp to surface).

Vancouver bc
Hi! Only with a Forest 6% lamp or without a reflector (it's removable). Recommended distance is 18-21 inches. The bin height is 18, minus 3-4 inches of substrate, minus 1.5-2 inches for lamp fixture height gives distance of roughly 12 inches from lamp to surface).
Thanks for replying! So to clarify I could use a forest t5 6% WITH the reflector or the t5 12% without the reflector? ( but that may be hard to hang)

And could I ask you what wattage you would suggest for the basking light and CHE in an enclosure like this? Thanks!

Last edited: